Tsitsi Chikono is 13 years old and lives with her grandmother and two younger sisters. Their home was washed away by Cyclone Idai in March and they were forced to seek shelter under a baobab tree. Along with their home, they lost what little possessions they had – they only had each other.
The school that Tsitsi attended together with Bishop G. Makore organised a fundraiser for Tsitsi, contributing 25 cents each to buy a tracksuit and tennis shoes for her. Two African Enterprise supporters saw Tsitsi’s desperate situation and funded the building of a two roomed house for Tsitsi and her family.
Please pray for the continued support for Tsitsi and her family, and for all of those devastated by Cyclone Idai.
‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ Matthew 25:40
African Enterprise has been focusing its relief efforts on the Chimanimani community in Zimbabwe who have been affected by the cyclone, providing people with basic living needs and trauma and healing group counseling.
Please pray with us for these current needs for the Chimanimani community:
- Suitable shelters, toilets and safe water
- Against water-born diseases
- For the provision of food, blankets and medication
- For the great need for trauma healing training and counselling
- For comfort as there are hundreds of missing persons that have been swept away by floods from the cyclone
- For the many left orphaned from the cyclone