My role at Milne – Ayesiga Dianah Mebra (Center Administrator)
I work as the administrator; I coordinate operations and promote the mandate of AEE to evangelise in Word and Deed. I lead partner engagement, coordinate and ensure adherence to partners and MOUs between Milne, AEE and clients. I lead community engagement and provide overall guidance of overall community development initiatives. I am responsible for all financial controls and monitoring of the health centre and operational performance and HR effectiveness.
I also establish and maintain relationships and lead community dialogue key for the growth of the ministry of AEE through Healthcare provision. I provide periodic updates and reports in accordance to report schedules of AEE or/ and partners.
What a typical day looks like for me?
I usually start my day at 06:45am, that’s the time I get into office. It’s not that I am forced to come in that early, but because I must beat traffic, I must be on the road by 6am. The official working hours are; 8:00am to 5:00pm (Monday to Friday).
When I get at the health center, I usually have personal devotions before the general staff devotion which starts at 8:00am to 8:45am. Thereafter; I sit at my desk and answer some phone calls and reply to various mails. I also liaise with heads of departments, to ensure they have whatever they need for their departments, I review and sign requisitions, run some errands like purchasing items for daily or routine use.
What is the current Covid situation in Uganda?
In Uganda, from 3 January 2020 to 24 July 2021, there have been 1,445,413 tests done and 92,115 cases of COVID-19 confirmed with 2,526 deaths, and 74,418 recoveries reported to WHO. As of 19 July 2021, a total of 1,110,867 vaccine doses have been administered with 4,129 fully vaccinated.
Why do you love going to work every day?
There are so many wonderful things about my work as an administrator and working with AEE-Uganda (Milne Medical Centre). My favorite is probably the flexibility I have with my hours. I also love the organization culture (evangelizing the city of Africa through word and deed) and I enjoy working with everyone at the facility. I specifically enjoy;
- Contributing to a larger purpose as individuals, we all have unique talents and things that we are good at. If we feel that our work is meaningful and what we do makes a difference for others, this gives motivation to me to keep doing it even though there may be times when the going gets tough.
- Variety of work and people, travel, flexible work hours during non-event days. Versatility of being able to do a variety of tasks including being able to work virtually. Having a forward-thinking, supportive leadership that realizes employees are their greatest asset.
- Meeting deadlines, targets or goals.
- Mentoring and coaching others.
- Learning new things.
- Coming up with creative ideas to improve the facility, or make something new.
- Analysing complex data in order to draw clear and simple conclusions.
- Working well as part of a team.